You guys, Valentines day is less than a month away and I am swooning over all of the Valentines day decor out in stores. But, unfortunately I am still mourning over the loss of Target here in Canada, cry for me please. I keep seeing pictures of all Valentines day goodies at Target and I squee inside. Squeeee!
Moral of the story, I love Target.
Here is my go to for easy Valentines day treats. These are super simple and great if you have to create lots of little treats for your little ones.. or for yourself. (No judging).
Prep and notes
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Assembly time: 20 minutes
Makes roughly 15 hearts
- Mixture needs to chill for 45 minutes
- You will need a 1″ heart shaped cookie cutter
- Wilton Candy Melts harden very quickly, you need to work fast. If making a larger batch you could melt them in batches as well.
- 1 Package of Oreo cookies
- 3/4 Cup cream cheese
- 1 Package of Wilton Candy Melts
- Optional: Sprinkles
1. Crush oreos in food processor until fine. You’ll need to do this in batches if you have a small food processor, like I do. Do this quickly otherwise you’ll end up eating the oreos before they make it into the food processor, like i did.
2. Combine oreo crumbs and cream cheese in mixer and mix until smooth.
3. Line a small square pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Pour out mixture into pan.
4. Smooth mixture into half an inch thick. Please note, this will not fill the entire pan, I used an 8×8″ pan and only filled half. Push the mixture to one side of the pan and smooth out into a half an inch. *Picture below. If you double the recipe you will fill the whole pan.
5. Put pan in freezer for 45 minutes.
6. Remove pan from freezer and remove oreo mixture from pan, the wax paper will make this easy. Peel away the wax paper from the oreo mixture and use your 1″ heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many hearts as you can. Once you have cut as many as you can all you have to do is combine all the scraps of mixture and roll out into half an inch and cut out hearts from that. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
7. Melt Wilton candy melts in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted.
8. Grab two forks and start dipping your hearts in the melted candy melts. This step is messy! Once the heart is dipped you can place it back on the wax paper to dry. If you wanted to use sprinkles this is when you would sprinkle them on. The candy melts harden quite quickly so you need to work fast.
9. That’s it, you’re all done now!